Christmas Programs 2023 Guidelines and How-To Instructions
CHRISTMAS PROGRAMS 2023
SPONSOR GUIDELINES & “HOW-TO” INSTRUCTIONS FOR DISTRIBUTION DAY
Dear Christmas Program Sponsor,
- Christmas Basket – Each family that is sponsored will receive a festive Christmas Food Basket which has been created for them. These baskets will contain non-perishable food for the family. In addition, there will be one $50.00 gift card per family from Target or Walmart for additional items. Families that have 1-4 members will receive ONE food basket and ONE gift card. Families that have 5-8 members will receive TWO food baskets and a $75 gift card.
- If you wish to donate a Family Christmas basket, but you do not wish to adopt a specific family for Christmas, baskets containing the same suggested non-perishable items with the gift card may be delivered the week of December 5 to the Clairemont office. These baskets will be given out to families that come for assistance before Christmas.
GUIDELINES FOR MAKING YOUR FAMILY CHRISTMAS BASKET(S):
Each food basket may be as festive as you decide but should be filled with non-perishable foods and a $50.00 for small families (1-4) and $75 for large families
(5 or more) gift card from Target or Walmart for perishables so that the family can prepare a Christmas dinner.
Suggested non-perishable foods for the Christmas dinner include the following items:
- 1 box of stuffing mix
- 2 canned fruit
- 1 can of cranberry sauce
- 1 can of chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 box of mashed potato mix
- 2 cans of green beans & corn
- 1 box of cake or cookie mix
- Bag of rice
CCSA asks that all baskets are sealed to prevent any of the contents being lost. The total weight of the basket should be 20-25 pounds maximum! NOTE: IF YOU ARE A SPONSOR FOR A FAMILY, PLEASE REMEMBER TO MARK YOUR GIFT BASKET(S) WITH THE FAMILY NUMBER YOU RECEIVE IN THE MAIL. We appreciate your support with this request.
PREPARING YOUR BASKET(S) FOR DISTRIBUTION DAY:
Sponsor: Please prepare your basket(s) according to the instructions below:
- Sponsors may choose a container of their preference to create their Christmas Gift Basket. A suggestion is a plastic storage container with lid, (available at Target or Walmart), OR a wicker laundry basket, or decorative large Christmas Bag. If using a laundry basket, please plan to wrap the entire food basket with cellophane to keep items secure.
- Please bring your baskets to ST. MARK’S UNITED METHODIST CHURCH, 3502 CLAIREMONT DR., SAN DIEGO 92117 ON THURSDAY, DECEMBER 14th, 2023, BETWEEN 8AM AND 5PM. BASKETS WILL BE DISTRIBUTED Friday, December 15th, 2023, from 8am-5pm. Please enter the parking lot from the north driveway of the Church and drive around the building to the south side, where you will be greeted by volunteers who will direct you to the proper area. For any questions or concerns, please contact Connie at (858) 274-2271.
GUIDELINES FOR DONATING ITEMS FOR THE HOMELESS GIFT BAGS
Festive Christmas bags will be provided by CCSA. The list below has suggested gift items:
- New knit gloves
- New knit caps
- Candy Bar (small size)
- A pair of socks
- Wash Cloth
- Hygiene products –
- chap stick
- new brush or comb
- toothpaste (travel size)
- shampoo & conditioner (travel size)
- lotion (travel size)
- soap (travel size)
- nail clippers
****** $10 Gift card
McDonalds, Rite Aid, Jack in the Box, Subway, Vons Etc.……
PLEASE bring YOUR DONATIONS to the CCSA Clairemont office beginning November, Monday 6, 2023, so volunteers may begin assembling the gift bags.