BOUDIN FUNDRAISER – THURSDAY, FEB. 12, 3-8PM
Please join us for lunch or dinner to help raise funds to support Community Christian Service Agency San Diego where 20% of sales generated (excluding tax and alcohol) from Dine-in and To go meal purchases will be donated to CCSA. Please bring flyer to the event. Boudin at Balboa Mesa Center, 5407 Balboa Ave., San Diego. Print the flyer Boudin Fundraiser.
CHRISTMAS WILL HAPPEN!
SPECIAL THANK YOUS
We thank Mary Anne Augustine of Frontline Realty for her tremendous effort in organizing the Bay Park Food Drive. CCSA was the recipient of the donations for the third year in a row. The drive invited 1600 households to donate food and household items. We received over 4500 food items plus various hygiene supplies. WOW Mary Anne! It was a job well done.
We thank Kelly Soban and Dr. Gary Dixon for donating stockings and children’s Christmas bags, Ross Elementary for their food donation, and Costco Otay Ranch for donating turkeys for families that did not have a Christmas dinner sponsor.
We thank Janet Miller Poutre for the her ongoing support through her clairemont.com blog. We also thank the following for their support: Feeding America, San Diego Food Bank, Trader Joe’s, Big Lots, Boudin Bakery, Albertsons, Sprouts, Keils, Chilli’s, Violet’s Hair Design, Sempra Energy, Thrivent Financials, Vons, Ralphs, and Friends of Children United Society (F.O.C.U.S.)
1. Buy something for CCSA on our wish list. Click here to see information about our Amazon wish list.
2. Buy something for yourself by clicking the Amazon icon on the left and CCSA will get a rebate.
CCSA offices will be closed on Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, January 19, 2015 and President’s Day, February 16, 2015.
How You Can Help
VOLUNTEER YOUR TIME
CCSA’s Pacific Beach Center has nurses who perform first aid and give referrals to other medical services. Both centers use volunteers at the intake desk, in the clothing room, and in the food room.
DONATE FOOD AND HYGIENE ITEMS
- We have an urgent need of clothes for children 5 and older. We have enough toddler clothes. We also immediately need men’s pants (waist 30-34) and reading glasses 150+.
- Both centers are very low on hygiene items. We need shampoo, conditioner, soap, lotion, razors, small size shaving cream, and toothpaste.
- Click here for complete current needs at Pacific Beach Service Center for the homeless. We especially need men’s socks, men’s underwear, men’s pants (32-34 medium), small size fruit cups, individual peanut butter, snack bars, juice, and water.
- Click here for complete current needs at Clairemont Service Center. We especially need peanut butter, canned fruit, and mac ‘n cheese.
We thank CECO (County Employees Charitable Organization) for their strong support over the years. Their contribution for 2013-2014 was $2500 to purchase food for those in need.
We thank Vons for their generous donation of $1,000 to buy food to supplement the in-kind donations of our supporters.
Our 2014 Hunger Walk on Saturday, March 15, 2014 raised $25,658.63. Our next walk will be April 24, 2015. More details.
On May 6, 2014 we received $1,897.00 in donations during the national giveBIG online fundraiser.
The second annual Cash4Food campaign was June 15-30, 2014. We received $29,339.93, which included a dollar for dollar match on the first $5,000. We thank our generous donors for their assistance. All donations will be used to purchase food.
SCOUTING FOR FOOD
CCSA is 1 of 9 agencies that will be a drop off point for food during the Scouting for Food program during March 2015. The drop off hours at CCSA will be 9:30-3:30 pm, Monday-Friday. Scouting for Food Partner Letter 2015 (2).