CHRISTMAS IS COMING
You can help our clients have a merry Christmas. Here’s how!
SPECIAL THANK YOUS
We thank University City United Church of Christ for a large donation of food and clothing on Sunday, August 31, 2014. It will go a long ways in restocking our food and clothing supplies for our clients.
We thank Janet Miller Poutre for the her ongoing support through her clairemont.com blog.
We thank Pacific Beach Presbyterian, Catholic Daughters, F.O.C.U.S. of Coronado, St. Mark’s United Methodist, Good Samaritan Episcopal , Shirley Chernow, St. Catherine Laboure, University City UC, Clairemont Christian Church, St. Paul’s Lutheran, St. David’s Episcopal, Clairemont Lutheran, Keller William Realtor, Esther Kirchheimer, Torrey Pines Chirstian, La Jolla United Methodist, Christ Lutheran, Clairemont Covenant Church, All Saints Lutheran, Pioneer Ocean View UCC, the Soroptomists, and all our other donors for backpack of school supplies for the children of our clients. We received 387 backpacks -WOW!
1. Buy something for CCSA on our wish list. Click here to see information about our Amazon wish list.
2. Buy something for yourself by clicking the Amazon icon on the left and CCSA will get a rebate.
We thank Vons for their generous donation of $1,000 to buy food to supplement the in-kind donations of our supporters.
Our 2014 Hunger Walk on Saturday, March 15, 2014 raised $25,658.63. More details.
On May 6, 2014 we received $1,897.00 in donations during the national giveBIG online fundraiser.
The second annual Cash4Food campaign was June 15-30, 2014. We received $28,839.93, which included a dollar for dollar match on the first $5,000. We thank our generous donors for their assistance. All donations will be used to purchase food.
CCSA offices will be closed on Veterans’ Day, Tuesday, November 11, 2014.
How You Can Help
VOLUNTEER YOUR TIME
CCSA’s Pacific Beach Center has nurses who perform first and give referrals to other medical services. Both centers use volunteers at the intake desk, in the clothing room, and in the food room.
DONATE FOOD AND HYGIENE ITEMS
- Both centers are very low on hygiene items. We need shampoo, conditioner, soap, lotion, razors, small size shaving cream, and toothpaste.
- Click here for complete current needs at Pacific Beach Service Center for the homeless. We especially need men’s socks, men’s underwear, men’s pants (32-34 medium), small size fruit cups, individual peanut butter, snack bars, juice, and water.
- Click here for complete current needs at Clairemont Service Center. We especially need peanut butter, canned fruit, and mac ‘n cheese.
SCOUTING FOR FOOD
CCSA is 1 of 11 agencies that received donations this spring from Scouting for Food sponsored by Feeding America San Diego and Boy Scouts of America. We received a total of 50,000 lbs. of food from this program. We thank everyone who donated to Scouting for Food.