2015 HUNGER WALK
We thank everyone who participated or donated to the Hunger Walk on Saturday, April 25.
SPECIAL THANK YOUS
We thank Mary Anne Augustine of Frontline Realty for her tremendous effort in organizing the Bay Park Food Drive in December. CCSA was the recipient of the donations for the third year in a row.
We thank Janet Miller Poutre for the her ongoing support through her clairemont.com blog.
Keller Williams Realty is conducting a donation drive for CCSA. Their first donation included 162 lbs of clothing and 44 cans of food.
We also thank the following for their support: Feeding America, San Diego Food Bank, Trader Joe’s, Big Lots!, Boudin Bakery, Albertsons, Sprouts, Keils, Chili’s, Violet Hair Design, Sempra Energy, Thrivent Financials, and Friends of Children United Society (F.O.C.U.S.)
1. Buy something for CCSA on our wish list. Click here to see information about our Amazon wish list.
2. Buy something for yourself by clicking the Amazon icon above and CCSA will get a rebate.
HOW YOU CAN HELP
Volunteer Your Time
CCSA’s Pacific Beach Center has nurses who perform first aid and give referrals to other medical services. Both centers use volunteers at the intake desk, in the clothing room, and in the food room.
Donate Food and Hygiene Items
- We have an urgent need of clothes for children 5 and older. We have enough toddler clothes. We also immediately need men’s pants (waist 30-34) and reading glasses 150+.
- Both centers are very low on hygiene items. We need shampoo, conditioner, soap, lotion, razors, small size shaving cream, and toothpaste.
- Click here for complete current needs at Pacific Beach Service Center for the homeless. We especially need men’s socks, men’s underwear, men’s pants (32-34 medium), small size fruit cups, individual peanut butter, snack bars, juice, and water.
- Click here for complete current needs at Clairemont Service Center. We especially need peanut butter, canned fruit, and mac ‘n cheese.