CHRISTMAS WILL HAPPEN!
SPECIAL THANK YOUS
We thank Kelly Soban and Dr. Gary Dixon for donating stockings and children’s Christmas bags, Ross Elementary for their food donation, and Costco Otay Ranch for donating turkeys for families that did not have a Christmas dinner sponsor.
We thank Janet Miller Poutre for the her ongoing support through her clairemont.com blog. We also thank the following for their support: Feeding America, San Diego Food Bank, Trader Joe’s, Big Lots, Boudin Bakery, Albertsons, Sprouts, Keils, Chilli’s, Violet’s Hair Design, Sempra Energy, Thrivent Financials, Vons, Ralphs, and Friends of Children United Society (F.O.C.U.S.)
1. Buy something for CCSA on our wish list. Click here to see information about our Amazon wish list.
2. Buy something for yourself by clicking the Amazon icon on the left and CCSA will get a rebate.
CCSA offices will be closed on December 24, 25, and 31.
How You Can Help
VOLUNTEER YOUR TIME
CCSA’s Pacific Beach Center has nurses who perform first aid and give referrals to other medical services. Both centers use volunteers at the intake desk, in the clothing room, and in the food room.
DONATE FOOD AND HYGIENE ITEMS
- We have an urgent need of clothes for children 5 and older. We have enough toddler clothes. We also immediately need men’s pants (waist 30-34) and reading glasses 150+.
- Both centers are very low on hygiene items. We need shampoo, conditioner, soap, lotion, razors, small size shaving cream, and toothpaste.
- Click here for complete current needs at Pacific Beach Service Center for the homeless. We especially need men’s socks, men’s underwear, men’s pants (32-34 medium), small size fruit cups, individual peanut butter, snack bars, juice, and water.
- Click here for complete current needs at Clairemont Service Center. We especially need peanut butter, canned fruit, and mac ‘n cheese.
We thank CECO (County Employees Charitable Organization) for their strong support over the years. Their contribution for 2013-2014 was $2500 to purchase food for those in need.
We thank Vons for their generous donation of $1,000 to buy food to supplement the in-kind donations of our supporters.
Our 2014 Hunger Walk on Saturday, March 15, 2014 raised $25,658.63. More details.
On May 6, 2014 we received $1,897.00 in donations during the national giveBIG online fundraiser.
The second annual Cash4Food campaign was June 15-30, 2014. We received $29,339.93, which included a dollar for dollar match on the first $5,000. We thank our generous donors for their assistance. All donations will be used to purchase food.
SCOUTING FOR FOOD
CCSA is 1 of 11 agencies that received donations this spring from Scouting for Food sponsored by Feeding America San Diego and Boy Scouts of America. We received a total of 50,000 lbs. of food from this program. We thank everyone who donated to Scouting for Food.