We welcome you to join CCSA for a meet & greet with board members, staff and church representatives.
The Open House will feature:
- Facility tour
- Guest speaker
Beginning in June, we are encouraging everyone to help the homeless during the hot summer days in San Diego. Please see the PDF flyer below for more information about how you can help.
Back to School Program
Each year, CCSA assists low-income children with backpacks and essential school supplies. This year, we hope to distribute 200+ backpacks to children in grades K – 9 and we need your help! Please see this PDF flyer to learn more about participating in our upcoming program.
Another Successful Hunger Walk
It was a gorgeous morning on Saturday, April 23 when youth, teens, families, and seniors walked together in unity to FIGHT HUNGER at the annual CCSA Hunger Walk at DeAnza Cove in Mission Bay. Councilmember Chris Cate for District 6 was on hand to show local government support. The Reality Changers youth group helped fill the reusable CCSA water bottles for each walker. After the 5K walk along beautiful Mission Bay, participants enjoyed snacks, listened to the Barber Shop group “Behind the Barn” and checked if their drawing ticket resulted in receiving a gift card/product from one of our generous sponsors: Big Frog, Dan Diegos Euro Café and Pub , Violet’s Hair Design, and Avati Salon.
The mission of CCSA is to assist those who are unable to obtain for themselves the basic necessities of life. The agency, with two locations, offers resource counseling to move people toward greater independence and self-sufficiency. A good time, fresh air, exercise, and community comradery was enjoyed by all while raising the financial assistance needed for CCSA to carry on its mission. Over the past three months, donations to CCSA for the Hunger Walk have reached almost $30,000, the highest ever. Thank you to all who participated and supported this event!
2. Buy something for yourself by clicking the Amazon icon above and CCSA will get a rebate.
HOW YOU CAN HELP
- Volunteer your time
- Donate food, clothing, hygiene items, or stock
- Read more How you can help
SPECIAL THANK YOUS
Many thanks to the generosity of ELCA Women of the Pacifica Synod who met at Christ Lutheran Church on Saturday, March 5, 2016! They are a group of women who not only hear and profess the mission of responding to the need of others, but make positive action happen.This group donated 1145 Hygiene items for those in need to clients of CCSA! You HAVE made a difference!
A BIG thank you to City View Ministry Outreach for the Food and Clothing collection that was given to Community Christian Service Agency at the Women’s Christmas Dessert on Wednesday December 9th, 2015. This group collected 417 food items and 200 clothing articles to help those in need in San Diego. This type of donation is particularly helpful during this holiday season when those in need have an even tougher ongoing struggle. Ladies, you have made a difference in the lives of those who come for assistance! Thank you for sharing what you have with others. This IS what it is all about!
- Northminister Presbyterian – Greeting Cards Makers for a food donation
- St Mary Magdalene Church – Catholic Daughters and Rosary Makers for their continued support
- BIG Thank you to Brother Benno in Oceanside for a donation of 390 food bags.
- 99 Cups of Coffee on Cass St for donation of coffee and pastries
Hearts & Hands (Jeanne Schultz) for donation of hats and gloves
San Diego Branch Church on Clairemont Mesa Ave for donation of food collected
- Coco’s restaurant on Nobel Dr. for donating pies for the holidays!
- F.O.C.U.S. (Friends of Children United Society) of Coronado recently refurbished the outdoor play area for children of our clients. They fenced the area and provided new toys, too.
- Animal Protection & Rescue League Thrift Store has provided clothing items for our clients since 2004!
- Karen Scanlon provided the funds to purchase a new storage shed for children’s clothing. Volunteers have also installed new shelving and reorganized the storage areas for men’s and women’s clothes.
- Charlie’s Bakery – fresh bread weekly
- Fairmont Grand Hotel Del Mar– food donations
- King Technologies– Computer equipment and services
- Senior Gleaners- fresh fruit
- Target Express (North Park)- Fresh salads and other food items
- Camden Sierra – (Otay Ranch)
- Off the Wall printing-banners
- Von’s – food items
- Violet’s Hair design – Shampoos & soaps
- Keller Williams Realty – Backpacks