Save the Date – 2016 Hunger Walk!
This year’s hunger walk will be held Saturday, April 23rd at 8:00am.
Thank you to our Special Hunger Walk Sponsors:
- Big Frog
4951 Clairemont Dr, San Diego, CA 92117
- Dan Diegos Euro Café and Pub
2415 Morena Blvd
- Violet’s Hair Design
3650 Clairemont Drive
Thanks to Las Patronas for donated refrigerators!
BIG Thank you to Las Patronas for the grant received for refrigerators and a pallet lift for the agency!
AMAZON SHOPPERS CAN SUPPORT CCSA IN TWO WAYS
1. Buy something for CCSA on our wish list. Click here to see information about our Amazon wish list.
2. Buy something for yourself by clicking the Amazon icon above and CCSA will get a rebate.
HOW YOU CAN HELP
Volunteer your time
Donate food, clothing, hygiene items, or stock
Read more How you can help
SPECIAL THANK YOUS
Many thanks to the generosity of ELCA Women of the Pacifica Synod who met at Christ Lutheran Church on Saturday, March 5, 2016! They are a group of women who not only hear and profess the mission of responding to the need of others, but make positive action happen.This group donated 1145 Hygiene items for those in need to clients of CCSA! You HAVE made a difference!
A BIG thank you to City View Ministry Outreach for the Food and Clothing collection that was given to Community Christian Service Agency at the Women’s Christmas Dessert on Wednesday December 9th, 2015. This group collected 417 food items and 200 clothing articles to help those in need in San Diego. This type of donation is particularly helpful during this holiday season when those in need have an even tougher ongoing struggle. Ladies, you have made a difference in the lives of those who come for assistance! Thank you for sharing what you have with others. This IS what it is all about!
- Northminister Presbyterian – Greeting Cards Makers for a food donation
- St Mary Magdalene Church – Catholic Daughters and Rosary Makers for their continued support
- BIG Thank you to Brother Benno in Oceanside for a donation of 390 food bags.
- 99 Cups of Coffee on Cass St for donation of coffee and pastries
Hearts & Hands (Jeanne Schultz) for donation of hats and gloves
San Diego Branch Church on Clairemont Mesa Ave for donation of food collected
- Coco’s restaurant on Nobel Dr. for donating pies for the holidays!
- F.O.C.U.S. (Friends of Children United Society) of Coronado recently refurbished the outdoor play area for children of our clients. They fenced the area and provided new toys, too.
- Animal Protection & Rescue League Thrift Store has provided clothing items for our clients since 2004!
- Karen Scanlon provided the funds to purchase a new storage shed for children’s clothing. Volunteers have also installed new shelving and reorganized the storage areas for men’s and women’s clothes.
- Charlie’s Bakery – fresh bread weekly
- Fairmont Grand Hotel Del Mar– food donations
- King Technologies– Computer equipment and services
- Senior Gleaners- fresh fruit
- Target Express (North Park)- Fresh salads and other food items
- Camden Sierra – (Otay Ranch)
- Off the Wall printing-banners
- Von’s – food items
- Violet’s Hair design – Shampoos & soaps
- Keller Williams Realty – Backpacks